RSS Consultancy provides information and advice on high-end audio equipment design, specialising in valve (tube) technology, including the production of technical articles and reviews for journals and magazines.
Advice also provided on information technology in the NHS with a particular focus on Primary and Community Care issues.
Current and past activities:
- Articles on technical aspects of audio equipment and some original designs for Hi-Fi Journals and magazines.
- Reviews and regular features for Hi-Fi Choice and Hi-Fi World UK magazines, audioXpress (USA) and Australian Hi-Fi magazine.
- Consultancy services to NHS Dorset including recommendatons for the re-design of IT services for the Clinical Commissioning Group and all Primary Care organisations throughout Dorset.
- The design and implementation of various database systems, including several for a clinical centre of a major acute hospital in the UK. The hospital databases supported Patient Management Systems containing patient administrative and clinical details in a multi-user environment.
- Technical advice to a London based Risk Management Organisation, which resulted in the successful design and implementation of an Automated Safety Surveillance Database System for an Oil Refinery in Germany.
Hi-Fi and Television
If anyone wants to test 300B triodes on a valve tester that doesn't support these valves, click here to read how I solved the problem with my B&K Dyna-Jet Valve (Tube) Tester Model 606.
For anyone interested in television engineering, I wrote an article for Wireless World back in 1979 entitled "Colour Synthesizer Design for the PAL System" on the design of a unit to electronically generate colour television pictures from a black & white source. The article can be downloaded here.
I have written a number of articles for Hi-Fi and audio magazines over the years. Reproductions of the submitted articles as PDF files from 2001 are available here.
More recently, I wrote an article on how to display images from recordings of Baird 30-line television. Download the article here.
Proprietor: N C Roberts BSc CEng CPhys FIET MInstP Chartered Engineer Chartered Physicist